Monday, December 1, 2014

Gorgeous Gifts from Little Gothic Horrors

Good evening, dear fellow darklings. I hope you are all well.

While we don't officially celebrate Thanksgiving here in Australia, this post is my own little version of it, without the roast turkey dinner. ;) You see, I have recently been honoured to receive two of the best gifts anyone has ever given me, and I'd like to share with you all my gratitude for both the gifts and their giver. 


Everyone here in Blogland would be familiar with the incredibly generous, supportive and kind lady responsible for my recent surprises in the mail. The founder of the brilliant Little Gothic Horrors is known and loved all over the world, not just for the delightfully dark content she curates and creates, but also for her genuine friendship and support of fellow bloggers. 

For me personally, Emma has been a buddy for the past couple of years, but ever since I expressed an interest in starting a blog of my own, she has become my fabulous Fairy Blog-Mother. In fact, it was Emma and her wonderful graphic designer husband Danny who brought my baleful birdy and banners to life. Emma's friendship, advice and unwaveringly enthusiastic encouragement have been invaluable to me, both 'blog-ally' and personally, and I am blessed to have her in my life. 


You can imagine, then, how honoured I feel to be this little darling's new owner. He is the beautiful Little Gothic Crow Emma made for the recent Halloween Nevermore Rapport Blog Hop. Like everyone else, I fell in love with him the moment I saw him, and couldn't stop admiring the Gothy gorgeousness of Emma's latest creation. As Emma promised in her post, this birdy did indeed fly away after the P(oe)arty to the nest of a friend - and that friend still can't believe how lucky she is.

When this little chap arrived, I was so excited about meeting him that I didn't think to take a photo of the gorgeous Burton-esque wrapping, with tiny skulls adorning a red ribbon. This is my attempt at re-wrapping it afterwards, which of course is nowhere near as good as Emma's beautiful bow!  



I squealed for joy as I lifted my fabulous new friend out of his travel clothes, admiring the incredible craftsmanship of his construction, and hugged him while I opened Emma's lovely card.


I was already teary-eyed when I logged into Facebook to thank my dear friend for this P(oe)rfect little ray of sunshine. When Emma told me that the story of my childhood toy vulture, a gift from my grandmother, had sown the seed of this little crow's genesis and become her birdy Muse, the (happy) tears began to flow. If Grandma was still here, she'd be as delighted and touched as I am to hear that her vulture had inspired the creation of another darkly handsome birdy gentleman. :)


Soon afterwards, I discovered that Emma's generosity knows no bounds. Having found some birdy fabric she knew I would love, Emma created a friend for my little crow, at which point I decided I must be the luckiest 'mingo ever! 

I remembered to get a photo before opening my present this time. Wrapped in Burton-esque paper and red ribbon, this time Emma adorned the ribbon with a darling wee red-eyed crow.






I opened the card first, beaming, admiring the beauty and love that goes into everything Emma creates.


I have wanted to own at least one of Emma's dolls since first laying eyes on them two years ago, and this little love could not be more perfect. From her black and white birdy fabric to her spider button, from her black hair and red ribbon to her black lace collar, this dolly is exactly the one I would have chosen. I absolutely adore her! *more happy tears* :)


Emma, I cannot thank you enough for these two little darlings, they mean the world to me. I'm looking at them on my mantel now and I just can't believe they're really mine! They are absolutely P(oe)rfect, and I will treasure them as I treasure you and your wonderful friendship... Evermore! ❤


25 comments:

  1. What lovely presents! I love the picture with black button eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just gorgeous? The loveliest presents ever! And I love that picture of Emma with the black button eyes too, very cleverly created by the lovely lady herself for Holly's 'Meet the Doll Creator' post: http://hollyshorrorland.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/meet-doll-creator-emma-of-little-gothic.html :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aren't they gorgeous?! I adore crows, and Emma's dolls, so to have an Emma-created doll to keep my Emma-created crow company makes me so happy! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! I'm completely overwhelmed by this lovely post. You are an absolute sweetheart, Bec, and it was my sincere pleasure to make some little darkling friends to come and live with you. And "I treasure you and your wonderful friendship... Evermore!" too!!!
    ❤ ❤ ❤ xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Emma, I really cannot thank you enough!

      I hope you will make more of these little darlings for your Etsy shop, so that others can experience the joy of owning your gorgeous creations ❤

      Delete
  4. "Fairy Blog-Mother" hahaha! That's so cute! You got quite a wonderful haul there "Nevermore" and all. And yes, Emma is such a great person! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you Lexa, glad you liked that one! I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful Fairy Blog-Mother than dear Lady Emma. :) And quite a wonderful haul indeed! I had a lot to be grateful for this Thanksgiving - hope you did too!

      Delete
  5. They are the perfect pair for a mantel display!! It's nice to have friends that 'get' you - you're both blessed to have found one another. Wish I lived down under! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're the perfect pair for a mantel display too, Insomniac! I adore seeing them on my mantel! You're so right, it is wonderful to have friends that 'get' you, isn't it? I feel very lucky indeed. It would be FAB to have you Down Under here with us! ❤

      Delete
  6. We all need a Fairy Blog-Mother... and an Emma in our lives. What lovely bird and dolly. And what they represent is fantastic. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Magaly, and here in Blogland we are all lucky enough to have an Emma in our lives ❤

      Delete
  7. Meeting up with thw whole murder of Goth Gals, you, Emma and Yvonne have brightened my grey North and bring grins when I'd rather not!
    Your new treasures are priceless and admired by all , truly genuine you three a re to ME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Bless your cotton socks Debi! I've loved meeting up with you gorgeous Goth gals too! ❤❤❤

      Delete
  8. OH WOW WOW WOW !!!! Both fabulously awesome gifts! Congrats on such a beautiful friendship :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulously awesome is exactly right, Gina! Thank you lovely lady, I feel very blessed indeed to own these darling gifts, and to have Emma's beautiful friendship ❤

      Delete
  9. OMG! So cute creepy things... I fall in love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with them too, MK! Cute, creepy and completely charming!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. That's exactly the sound I made when I opened the packages, Alexandria - squeeeee!!

      Delete
  11. Wow!! They are so precious! Lucky girl! My heart is smiling ;o) Emma is a sweetheart and her work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart is smiling too, lovely Stacy! I'm very lucky indeed! ❤

      Delete
  12. What a darling she is, our Emma, and what beautiful creations! The way that you talk about her makes me think that she has a great and true friend in you too. It's the stuff that makes worth living.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much Ms Misantropia, your lovely comment made me tear up!

      She is most definitely a darling, our Emma, and I am honoured to be gazing upon her beautiful creations on my mantel right now. :)

      Delete
  13. I'm not sure how I missed your posts. This is so lovely!
    Emma's wonderfully creative. I love her dolls, and the raven is perfect!

    ReplyDelete